Senior Accounting Analyst
**LOCAL CADIDATES ONLY**
TOP 3 –
1. Month End Close experience
2. Excel Skills
3. SAP Experience
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Desired of 3 years in public accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utility industry and working in a regulated environment CPA
- Demonstrated technical accounting knowledge
- Two or more years of SEC reporting experience
- Prepares complex 10-Q & 10-K reporting disclosures and supporting workpaper documentation.
- Prepares financial statements and disclosures for various non-SEC reporting requirements (e.g., FERC, CPUC, employee benefit plans, NDT) and supporting workpaper documentation.
- Assists in setup of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies.
- Identifies process improvements to reduce risk and create efficiencies at the desk level.
- Assists in the implementation of process improvement initiatives undertaken by the department.
- Reviews and interprets policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
- Identifies issues, proposes solutions, and documents conclusions with minimal supervision.
- Manages communication with external parties (e.g. Deloitte) and addresses inquiries. Interprets data, reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- Provides supporting documentation and explanations to internal and external auditors.