Sr. System Admin (SW)_17569
The Senior Windows Server Engineer is a subject matter expert that has global accountability for the architecture and design of Windows Services running on Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2012R2 & 2016 R2 in a VMware virtual machine environment. This person must be a Microsoft Windows Server technology expert who can operate and continuously improve, standardize, and automate tasks in environments distributed across datacenters throughout the world. They should have a good understanding of Microsoft Clustering, Terminal services, security, PowerShell scripting and Windows Update Services (WSUS). This engineer should possess the ability perform audits using Microsoft toolkits and native tools to identify security risks in our windows environments. They should be able to articulate technical problems to management, and work well in a team and in cooperation with other teams. They will be working in a fast paced environment that will require travel within and outside of the US a few times a year.
Duties will include:
· Windows Operating System (build, administration, security, and automation tools)
· Windows performance troubleshooting and performance tuning
· Design, implementation, Migration and maintenance of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, Clustering, Terminal Services, LDAP and windows scripting/automation.
· Support Applications on Windows OS platform such as SFTP.
· Deploy patches using WSUS and other deployment tools
· Educate the frontline L1 and L2 staff and be the point of escalation
· 5+ years of hands-on experience with Windows, Clustering & Active directory Services with a thorough understanding of installing, designing, configuring, and troubleshooting.
· Understands how to design and document a Windows server configuration useable by team members of various skill levels.
· Must possess proven experience working in an enterprise distributed computing environment with standards, and processes. These experiences should include:
· Technical infrastructure architect/design/support for Windows Server operating systems and a Strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology
· Problem solving leadership based on experience with technology
· Support of a distributed MS Windows-based network
· Strong record of operational success managing Windows Server services including outstanding troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
· Functional skills in basic protocol analysis, and IP addressing and routing.
· PowerShell or other development/scripting experience.
· Process oriented and a willingness to develop and enhance existing processes, standards, and documentation.
· Motivated to work in a fast paced environment with many challenges
· Strong skills in setting up Microsoft cluster services on Cisco UCS blade servers and VMware / XEN virtual machines
· Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft SQL clusters
· Experience in troubleshooting IIS webservers
· Handing of server crashes ( BSOD ) and server recovery
· Tuning of Windows operating system templates based on server roles
· Experience in Windows 2008 R2 server migrations to Windows server 2012
· Creation of Windows server templates for different virtualization platforms ( VMware / XEN Experience in remote command based tools like PSTOOLS
· Experience in performing data migration using RSYNC
· Experience in Securing/Hardening Windows Servers
· In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP network
· Experience in handling NFS client / NFS shares in Windows server
· Good understanding of working with Vendors
· Experience in introducing industry best practices in server deployments.
· Experience in root cause analysis
· Good hands-on on Basic / Dynamic disk configurations
· Experience in managing Linux based member servers in an Active Directory domain
· Windows server memory dump analysis skills
· Experience in installing and configuring Windows server automated installation tools for physical servers
· Ability to work in rotation on call duties
· EMC/HITACHI storage configuration skills on Windows servers and should have good understanding on MPIO software from different vendors
· Experience in Implementing / Supporting Microsoft clusters with ISCSI disks on XEN virtualization
· VERITAS / EMC networker backup configuration knowledge on windows servers
· Experience in supporting third-party applications on windows servers such as SFTP solutions like Globalscapes EFT Server, or capable of learning very quickly.
· Experience with Windows OS performance monitoring.
· Experience in Virtualization platform like VMware ESX or Citrix Xen
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Excellent customer service skills required
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional