Procurment _ 10346
Manager is looking to fill a total of 2 positions
TOP THREE THINGS:
Experience writing scopes of work, negotiation experience, construction experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience developing scopes of work and managing contracts for heavy civil, pipeline or industrial construction projects
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of managing complex contract(s) and contract negotiations.
- In-depth understanding of client organization’s business as well as the customer’s business.
- Possess and demonstrate a full working knowledge of contract negotiations and contract management.
- Makes decisions without delay despite ambiguous information, absence of clear direction or lack of consensus, and promotes solution buy-in from stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, regulatory, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, agencies, and issues impacting (past, present, and future) gas operations within the utility industry.
- Prioritizes workload independently based on department priorities and goals.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency with information systems and applications (e.g. Unifier, SRM, Ariba, SAP, scheduling software).
*Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
*Certification such as one of the following or related: # Project Management Professional (PMP) # Program Management Professional (PgMP) # Certified Cost Engineer (CCE)
*Seven (7) years of experience desired in a similar role writing, negotiating, and managing contracts, change orders, and developing bid forms and scopes of work for major heavy civil, pipeline, or industrial construction projects.
*Experience in the development of project controls cost estimating and cost control, budget development and reporting, and record/document control
*Experience with quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) regarding contract documents *Knowledge of regulatory requirements for gas pipeline construction such as Operator Qualification and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing
*Certification such as one of the following: Project Management Professional (PMP) Program Management Professional PgMP) Certified Cost Engineer (CCE) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAMP)
*Experience in construction project controls, cost estimating, and scheduling.
*Experience in transmission pipeline construction
*Comprehensive knowledge of budget and resource formulation of contracts, bids, agreements, and RFPs
*Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, regulatory, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, agencies, and issues impacting (past, present, and future) gas operations within the utility industry.
*Ability to compose, interpret, and negotiate contract language.
*Ability to work effectively individually and in a collaborative environment
*Analytical and critical thinking skills
*Research and detail-oriented skills
*Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and contract information systems (Ariba, SRM, and SAP).
*Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and directly
• Takes ownership of vendor relationship.
• Develops contract scopes, bid specifications and packages in accordance with the program schedule.
• Performs sourcing function to process purchase orders for less than $100,000.
• Thoroughly understands contract requirements and proposes contract template changes as required.
• Performs contract onboarding including contract terms validation, internal mobilization and supplier mobilization.
• Prepares and delivers contract status reporting.
• Negotiates change order terms within contracts, bids, and agreements.
• Performs contract audits and drives implementation of lessons learned.
• Performs analysis of contracts and identifies solutions to mitigate and/or minimize vulnerabilities.
• Resolves disputes with vendor on contract interpretation with little or no guidance • Provides coaching and training to less experienced contract managers