Business Finance Analyst - 26081
Location: Seattle (WA)
Services to be performed- The selected candidate will provide tax exemption certificate specialist(“Contractor TECS”) to perform certain professional tax services. TheContractor TECS will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Compiling sales tax research related to exemption certificates
- Prioritizing areas of focus in relation to the research completed
- Creating categorical metrics for sales tax research
- Maintaining categorical metrics for research findings, e.g. scope, outcome
- Identifying actionable and mitigating measures to enforce compliance, risk tolerances, and accuracy of customer exemptions
- Recommend service improvements for the creation and acceptance of customertax exemptions
- Recommend process improvements for the review of customer tax exemptions,including remediation
Deliverables for this engagement will include:
- Complete sales tax research as requested for various states and exemption types
- Administer and enhance processes as needed
- Identify owners and services for corrective actions/resolutions; to enforcepolicy
- Periodic work papers to report progress, work efforts, error rates, and otherimprovement metrics
- 1-3 years indirect tax experience in a multi-state, multi-entity organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience working with big data and data analytic tools
- Experience with US tax exemptions
- Experience with sales tax research and sales tax audit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize.
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented;
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
- 1-3 years minimum of end-consumer transaction tax experience
- Experience working in a multi-national corporate tax department;
- Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation andcompliance software (e.g. Vertex, ONESOURCE, Taxware);
- Project management experience
-This resource is being brought in to help with various adhoc projects relatedto sales tax and exemptions. This resource will assist with providing insightinto researching used sales and sales tax auditing since there is currently askill gap on the team. This person should enjoy research and be possesknowledge of sales tax and exemption regulations. This person will help provideclarity around updates needed internally via the current tax engine tool usedby the team (adding features etc.).
Day to Day Responsibilities:Assigned a task prioritized and broken into different parts;
- A lot of figuring things out as we go; building upon the general idea of what we need
- Lots of autonomy with the project and lots of work to be done- weekly standup's to give a sense of where we stand and next steps
- Meet with Manager throughout the week;
- Exemption certifications
- Review project findings- what needs to be done to handle the discrepancies?
- Dealing with the technical side of improvement; (any knowledge will behelpful)
Top 3 Skills:
Experience in multiple states at least 15-20 states; sales tax
• Experience with used sales research or audits;
• 1-2 years of sales tax experience;
Nice to Have:Someone with the knowledge to help with full stack research related to salesand used taxes.
-Someone who is great in sales and used tax but also has research experienceworking for a big company;
-Enterprise experience is a huge plus
-Have a College Degree; Note: Need the experience first** but require a healthybalance between experience and education background.
-Think Big-Learn and Be Curious
-Invent and Simplify
• "Everything we do here is new; our company is getting intoeverything!"
• This team believes in constant process improvement and looking for someonewho enjoys contribution.
• Gives the opportunity to leave their mark and do something new and different.