Compensation Analyst - 9912
Department Summary: The compensation function at our client organization is in the human resources department, and designs, administers, and communicates the company’s compensation programs. The team includes individuals who consult with business leaders on rewards issues, design and implement new programs, and administer existing programs, including base salary, STIP, LTIP, recognition, and executive pay.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Compensation Processes & Technology manager, this position will help with the administration of our compensation programs and processes. The compensation analyst will also be responsible for providing analytics, including research, data analyses, and metrics implementation. The successful candidate also drives the development of continuous improvement to processes and tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience in data analysis, 6 years
• Experience in compensation, 4 years
• Quantitative analysis skills and working knowledge of statistical analysis
• Understanding of compensation discrimination legislation including Equal Pay Act, Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Ability to interpret complex data and draw conclusions
• Graduate Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
• CCP-Certified Compensation Professional certification
• Experience in compensation, 6 years
• Experience in vendor management
• Experience as HR Business Partner, Compensation Consultant, or other client-facing role in Human Resources
• Experience in utility or regulated environment
• Experience with bargaining unit compensation
• Knowledge of statistical theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and analyses as needed to perform at the job level
• Ability to solve simple and complex problems involving arithmetic.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products - for example Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access - as needed to perform at the job level
• Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local compensation regulations and programs - for example Fair Labor Standards Act, National Labor Relation Act, Equal Pay Act, Civil Rights Act - as needed to perform at the job level
• Knowledge of database and information systems - for example SCADA, EMS, OMT, OIS, SAP, ERP, COSO, Teradata, COBIT, QuestionMark - as needed to perform at the job level
Responsibilities: • Conduct job evaluation and write job descriptions including a clean-up effort of job family summaries.
• Provide compensation analysis, benchmarking, reporting and problem solving in support of the compensation programs.
• Participate in compensation surveys, perform survey job matching, and conduct ad-hoc benchmarking and market research as needed.
• Analyze internal and external compensation data. Prepare analysis, data modeling and cost in support of merit increase budget, salary ranges, annual incentive plan, bargaining unit negotiations, General Rate Case, and regulatory audits.
• Support administration of the annual pay planning process, including trainings/communications development, system testing and audit reviews and employee data.
• Create internal process documentation and recommend enhancements to existing process and procedures.