Associate Support Engineer
The Support Analyst is an entry level training position for customer support. This role requires analytical skills to troubleshoot issues reported by the customer. The analyst will follow provided guidelines to troubleshoot an issue and will document this information in the CRM. All customer escalations will be directed to a senior staff member, while the support analyst exercises judgment within scope of issue resolution, provisioning, and notification activities. Makes routine decisions associated with issue troubleshooting and provisioning. Works closely with support associate and senior technical contributors to maintain a mutual understanding of customer needs. Works closely with other production operations engineering management and senior technical contributors to maintain a mutual understanding of the procedures for handling customer needs. Receives general and direct supervision on most activities.
- Monitor the ticket queue for new issues
- Document the delivery issue found and actions taken in the CRM
- Provide an accurate hand over document at the end of the shift
- Provide clear and timely updates to the CRM ticket on issues
- Perform customary ticket management functions to ensure resolution of the ticket while adhering to customer specific requirements.
- Work effectively with internal organizations as necessary to expedite repair efforts.
- Must be able to find answers to technical problems through a variety of mediums.
- Follow all new and existing SUI processes and standard operation procedures.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Linux or any Unix variant command line interface.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Shell scripts and SQL commands.
- Can work 24/7 on rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays.
- Minimum 1 year experience in network operations, infrastructure support, or 1st or 2nd line support experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, networking, and interface essentials.
- Strong documentation abilities to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Independent problem solver and self-motivator.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, including ability to interpret complex topics.
- *Bilingual a plus
- Bachelor’ Degree in computer science or related field