The primary function of the Technical Support Engineer (Technical Expertise) is to effectively provide dependable and timely resolution to all product related technical issues experienced by Ariba customers. The Technical Support Engineer may also interface with external and internal technical implementation teams which include System Administrators, Database Administrators, Application Developers, System Integrators, Third Party Consultants, and Project Managers. The Technical Support Engineer will also work with the Ariba Engineering, Solutions Management, and Hosting Operations teams to resolve complex software issues while identifying product defects, enhancements, and limitations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct technical assistance with customers via phone and email.
- Provide internal and external user support for application issues of a technical nature.
- Collaborate with fellow support colleagues and other internal organizations to provide superior customer service.
- Create internal/external content for Ariba’s knowledge base
- Maintain consistent, regular communication with customers regarding the status of their requests.
- Act as a customer advocate by working directly with customers on high priority issues to deliver timely resolution and capture customer feedback to influence process/product improvements.
- Anticipate customer needs and effectively address concerns related to their issue or resolution
- Effectively handle difficult customer interactions and challenging customer problems without the need for supervisory intervention; maintains poise and professionalism even with very difficult and demanding customers.
- Ensure that individual performance meets or exceeds department standards.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams within Ariba.
- Work with customers to identify and resolve reported system defects
- Must be available for weekend or evening support as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong technical knowledge or expertise in Ariba® solutions
- Ensure that emergency situations or urgent customer issues are resolved in the most timely and effective manner possible.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks or projects with changing priorities. Enjoys and thrives on performing multiple tasks and responsibilities at once.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. Utilize available time efficiently in order to achieve effective and efficient results
- Strong ability to capture a complete and accurate problem/symptom description of reported issues.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot and narrow down reported issues, identify root causes, and find creative solutions to effectively address customer concerns.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Strong ability to listen to and work with customers in real-time to resolve issues.
- Can do attitude and team player.
- It is desired that candidates have a working knowledge of one or more of the following concepts/technologies:
- Hands-on experience in one or more databases including Oracle, DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Application Servers such as WebLogic or WebSphere.
- Knowledge/experience with one or more Web Servers like Sun One or IIS.
- Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, Linux based operating systems.
- An understanding of object-oriented methodologies and programming in Java.
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline
- 2 Years working with a web-based software solution (Ariba Solutions preferred)
- Experience working with Spend Management Solutions in a support role
- Experience in Support, Software Development, IT, or Quality Assurance is preferred