Senior Compensation Analyst
1 )HR experience, specifically with creating job descriptions and market pricing.
2) Project management experience, specifically leading cross functional projects.
3) Strong communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration, finance, human resources, industrial organizational psychology) or equivalent experience
• Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration, finance, human resources, and industrial organizational psychology) desired
• 6 years of relevant experience in business administration or data analysis, or combination of advanced degree and experience; must have 2 years compensation or other human resources experience
Quantitative analysis skills and working knowledge of statistical analysis
• Understanding of compensation discrimination legislation including Equal Pay Act, Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Access desired
• Knowledge of SAP desired
• Understanding of compensation implications of the Fair Labor Standards Act desired
• Ability to interpret complex data and draw conclusions
• Vendor management experience desired
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) desired
• Project management skills. Ability to work on multiple deliverables and keep projects moving forward.
• Job description creation and market pricing.
• Participate in compensation surveys, perform survey job matching, and conduct ad-hoc benchmarking and market research as needed.
• Analyze internal and external compensation data. Prepare analysis, data modeling, and costing in support of merit increase budget, salary ranges, annual incentive plan, bargaining unit negotiations and General Rate Case (GRC).
• Support administration of the annual pay planning process, including system testing and audit reviews of employee data.
• Create internal process documentation and recommend enhancements to existing process and procedures.
• Participate in the development of company-wide compensation policies and standards. • Monitor use of job codes and titles and identify and work with managers and hr service center to fix issues identified.
• Performs complicated data analysis, interprets results, and shares findings with department managers.
• Applies advanced knowledge of compensation strategy to solve complex problems and develop original solutions.
• May communicate directly with line management