SUMMARY: Grind components by setting up and operating a CNC Surface Grinder to produce precision parts made from tool steel, Tungsten Carbide and ceramic materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as Micrometers, Indicators and Dial calipers and Toolmaker microscope.
- Set up and operates CNC Surface grinding equipment to machine parts and fixturing.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers and indicators. Program, Set up, adjust, and operate Surface grinders.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Utilize conventional and optical measurement equipment to verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Lift machined parts then positions and secures parts on surface grinder or worktable.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications and drawings. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Engineers and Production personnel.