Project Manager / Release Manager
As a Release Manager you will be setting the overall standard for release management and governance. As such, you need to be able to communicate with both management and individual application teams to create an environment where teams understand the shared vision for releases across the enterprise. You also need strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation, negotiation, and working with internal and external customers.
You will work with Engineering Management, Product Management, and the Development teams to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software in production environments.
· Lead milestone exit meetings for the key milestones in a release
· Develop common strategies for release governance across multiple departments.
· Establish consistent release management processes.
· Facilitate cross-department coordination of release management functions.
· Track an enterprise-wide release calendar.
· Inform senior management of exposure to release risk and effectively mitigate it.
· Measure release cadence and effectiveness using common metrics across the entire software portfolio.
· Create common standards and formats for release playbooks and work with production control to standardize release decision-making.
· Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
· Forecast demand for release resources and identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the enterprise.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration is a must.
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
· Strong leadership and analytical skills
· Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle including experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps project lifecycles.
· Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
· 5+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
· Formal training in project management practices preferred (PMP Certification).
· Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products with expert level knowledge in Excel, and Power Point.