Journeyman Mold Maker
Job Title – Journeyman Mold Maker
Job Location – Petaluma, CA
Position Type – Full Time
Design and build molds for ceramic injection molding of complex miniature components to customer specifications.
· Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine molds required for ceramic injection molding.
· Build complex molds that include slides and micro core pins.
· Manufacture mold components requiring carbide inserts
· Examines previously used molds, and recommends design modifications regarding construction, gating and venting for improved function of molds.
· Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines manufacturing method and sequence of operations.
· Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, grinders, and electrical discharge machines and knowledge of CNC equipment to machine parts and fixturing required to build molds.
· Utilize conventional and optical measurement equipment to verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
· Heat treatment of tooling and parts.
· Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
· Completion of Mold makers apprentice program or ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals including safety training.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Engineers and Production personnel.
· Proficient in all areas of shop math including plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Sedaa Corporation was founded in 2000, and is headquartered in San Ramon, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area. Sedaa works with a wide range of businesses across many industries -- from organizations in emerging markets with less than 500 employees, to Fortune 100 corporations supported by thousands of employees around the globe. At Sedaa, we specialize in finding the right talent to meet the unique needs and goals of businesses.