Technical Writer - 27006
This resource is being brought in to help come up with the documentation for our client’s B2B shipping carriers. They will be responsible for creating the API documentation frameworks for worldwide shipping carriers needing to connect with our client’s shipping APIs. Currently the team does not have documentation in place to support vendor APIs. This resource will spend a lot of time working with the Tech and Product teams to define the frameworks- evaluating things such as: How should the frameworks be structured? What are the segments? etc.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Managing documentation
• Merchant fulfillment service- working with product managers and technical teammates; helping to align final product and documentation, display etc.,
• Educating the team around documentation and display
• Participating in content reviews related to shipping service
• Working with Product managers, TPMs, other Technical Writers, Carrier Manager (interfacing with the carrier customer)
Top 3 Skills:
1. Someone who is versed in design documentation- how should it look? What gets included?
2. Someone with experience writing about web services or APIs
3. Someone with previous experience working with shipping carriers
This is a great opportunity to wear many hats and collaborate with others who serve on internal API review boards. Also there is a potential opportunity to convert
Services to be performed
The technical writer (TW) will be transforming technical documentation from tech teams and TPMs into a professional and customer friendly Carrier Facing Specification (CFS) document that is capable of being published to prospective carriers.
Said TW will participate in all steps of the review process; starting from a technical review to assess accuracy and completeness, followed by a PM review to evaluate business coverage and identify use case gaps, before a final review with the Carrier Managers (CMs) to tailor the document to the carrier, so that we are left with a final draft which the TW can productize.
TW will need to work with peers to learn about existing our client’s document building, translation, and publishing tools, so that they can help MFN team define acceptance criteria for CFS production documentation standards.
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role
- Proven experience designing and delivering customer-oriented documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working directly with development teams
- Experience with an XML-based authoring system
- Experience documenting Web Services and API best practices
- Familiarity with shipping carriers and/or shipping services