Technical Writer - 28826
MUST SUBMIT WRITING SAMPLES!!
- • Create documentation for a third party vendor audience. Quick start guides, training docs, reference docs.
- • Hardware documentation is a plus (more on hardware than software).
- • Working with subject matter experts, gathering information on what audience will need and taking current documentation set, adding to it or moving it to a different format.
- • Gathering requirements, working with SME’s and writing.
- • 8-5, must be onsite. Can be a little flexible once they’re at the writing piece.
• Top 3:
- o Experience in lead technical writing for 5-7 years, if not more.
- o Ability to work on their own and research in depth creating quality prep documentation
- o MS Word style guidelines.
• Have had previous experience being autonomous in their job, reference manual complex writing, not just online help. Troubleshooting guides and be able to communicate with SME’s, audience are developers and field service technicians.
- Create and publish technical documentations and manuals for skilled and unskilled technicians.
- Using the current documentation set, create quick start guides and training for contractors.
- Collect and interpret technical data or information and coordinates layout for publication.
- Contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) and perform hands-on dry runs.
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, and excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively interface with internal/external customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to author SOPs, FAQs, and other documentation to maintain a solid knowledge base.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong project coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, to multi-task and to prioritize effectively while driving high impact, positive results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Minimum 7 years experience
Ideally, this person has experience in creating quick start guides and has some experience in training creation.