Sr. Financial Analyst
Qualifications: *LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY*
***Top 3 things I would be looking for is:
• Experience in financial analysis, developing budgets and/or forecasts
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills with multiple levels of organization (written and verbal)
• Bachelors in accounting, business, finance, engineering, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in financial analysis, developing budgets and/or forecasts Desired Qualifications
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP Business Warehouse
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP R3, Excel, and Word
• Experience with PG&E budgeting process
• Demonstrated experience having successful interactions at various organizational levels (from line employees to managers to directors to officers)
Responsibilities: Position Summary The ideal candidate will have excellent consulting, verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills, a background in finance, poise in working with many levels of staff, strong organizational and planning skills, initiative and enthusiasm, and strong interpersonal skills. This candidate will be primarily responsible for the Information Technology Product & Enterprise Platform portfolio.
• Operational Performance Analyses: Analyze partner costs on a monthly basis; provide explanations of significant monthly variances. Prepare monthly financial reports with analyses of key drivers causing significant variances. Prepare monthly variance explanations; determine root causes of significant variances and identify appropriate corrective actions. Meet with partners (officers, directors and managers) to review costs, discuss variances, confirm external charges to partner orders or PCCs, and review significant standard cost variances. Track unit cost performance and work with partners on performance improvement plans.
• Budget Planning and Forecasting: Facilitate partner preparations for monthly Business Reviews by defining preparation schedules and preparing required documents (such as monthly business review profiles, annual budget requests, and budget prioritizations). Coordinate integrated planning process for partners (including 5-year capital outlook). Help coordinate monthly forecast process. Ensure alignment with regulatory filings.
• Support Key Business Issues: Actively participate in special initiatives related to Business Planning or business partner organizations and complete assigned tasks related to the initiatives.
• Departmental performance metrics: Develop, maintain and report key departmental metrics in areas of Budgeting, Planning, Forecasting and Operational Effectiveness.
• Strategic Planning and Analysis: Fulfill ad-hoc requests for cost-related data and analyses. Perform research to support partner regulatory filings and benchmarking efforts. Actively participate in partner leadership team meetings and provide financial advice. Proactively focus partner attention on areas requiring improvements. Liaison with Business Planning colleagues to ensure that partner information is gathered on time and presented appropriately for various UO meetings.
• Monitoring, Controlling, and Accounting: Proactively monitor costs and coordinate the corrections of cost accounting errors. Manage Orders and PCC hierarchy for partners to ensure reporting is systematically supported. Provide any ad-hoc SAP assistance to partners. Review partner cost monitoring systems to ensure that adequate controls are in place to uncover and correct erroneous charges.