IT- Cyber Security Threat Analyst - 9600
Qualifications: Bachelors in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Experience in Information Technology (IT),
- 6yrs Extensive experience in analyzing network packet capture data using tools such as Wireshark
- Experience performing computer forensics and memory analysis using industry standard and open source tools
- The candidate should have SOC experience including Event Monitoring /Incident Response and some endpoint forensics experience.
- SOC experience is a must.
Desirable - Prior experience working in a 24x7 security operations center
Responsibilities: Acts as a subject matter expert in area of field.
- Leads moderately to complex projects which may be cross functional.
- Analyzes complex malware/exploits through forensics, observation of network traffic and using other tools and resources to determine if Client’s systems are vulnerable.
- Leads development of framework for implementing tools and processes to improve quality and timeliness of reports.
- Expert in area of field and applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices.
- Codes complex tasks that integrate systems, produce reports or provide output that can be leveraged by other team members or systems.
- Performs proficient forensic analysis using security tools and monitoring systems to discover the source of anomalous security events.
- Assists in performing basic research internally and externally.
- Performs complex system administration tasks (e.g. customization, cross-tool integration) for security tools.
- Develops a strategy to implement work in department.
- Our client manager is looking for good process documentation skill / experience.
- NERC access is required for this position.
- The candidate must have SOC experience including Event Monitoring /Incident Response and some endpoint forensics experience.
- SOC experience is a must.
- Not looking for Security Engineering background, but more of someone that has a good understanding of traffic analysis ( PCAP/Wireshark ), incident response and some endpoint/malware analysis experience.
- Prior SEIM experience – Security event and information management system, log aggregation and event notification
- Network packet analysis(PCAP analysis) – Analyzing network packet for malicious / suspicious activity
- Wireshark experience and WCNA( a plus) - Open source network packet analysis tool , WCNA – wireshark certificate.
- Endpoint forensics – Ability to perform full investigation / forensics of endpoint / end user machine as a result of a security alert.
- Memory analysis – Ability to analyze physical memory collected from computer using open source or paid application
- Good analytical skills – ability to analyze and think out of the box when working a security event
- Experience with IBM QRadar a plus – IBM QRadar is the SEIM our client has deployed and is using.
- Good networking knowledge – Good knowledge of TCP / IP protocols, ability to differentiate various layers in networking.
- Any GIAC certifications a plus – These are SANS( industry well known security course provider) certs such as GMON, GSEC, GCIH etc.