Technical Support _ 25673
Location: Sunnyvale, CA.
Project Summary: Our client is seeking a highly motivated technician to join our data collection team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with internal customers (Hardware, Software, Product teams). This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to work quickly, and identify and fix root cause of technical issues before deployment for data collection in collaboration with hardware and software teams. Having an eye for process improvement is critical as we look to the data collection technicians for input on how to evolve our collection processes and tools across a breadth of products.
- Test new software builds, releases, and improvements for a variety of products
- Write, read, run, and enhance scripts in collaboration with Software teams
- Support data collection projects including setup and verification of all system components, trouble-shooting during set-up and live sessions, ensure data integrity and upload, and document best practices
- Perform regular data uploads and provide feedback to teams to drive high quality performance through all phases of data collection
- Set up and test prototype devices per data collection tool requirements with Hardware and Software teams
- Be the primary point of contact for Hardware and Software teams for technical troubleshooting and incorporating enhancements to the prototype devices
- Examine processes and available tool sets to ensure the most accurate results
- Collaborate with Support Engineer over data collection setup, upload and metrics reporting tasks and processes
- Apply knowledge of wireless and networking technologies, mobile devices, and quality assurance practices to ensure that connected devices meet all target requirements
- Act with a high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
At least two years of Bash scripting experience (or other Linux-based scripting), including writing new scripts and enhancing existing scripts
At least two years of experience with basic shell commands
- Experience working with Hardware teams for setting up, testing and troubleshooting prototype devices
- Experience configuring, deploying and testing software updates including ability to identify issues and escalate to development as appropriate
- Knowledge of audio signal quality measures
- Demonstrated ability to browse file systems and diagnose errors using log files
- Proven track record of using data to analyze issues, make decisions, and generate various solutions • Knowledge of LANs, routers, IP assignment, DHCP
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of data collections
- Experience with speech and language data collection and processing
- Strong ability and methodology to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to followthrough, and strong organizational skills
- Corporate experience outside of school, pluses if it's with tech companies or research groups
- Please do not submit resume with objective section that is very clearly not what is mentioned in job description.
- Too much experience to the point where they would get bored with the position.
- Candidates who are located in the east bay and are not going to relocate are not preferred.
- Experience with bash, shell scripts, ssh commands, Unix skills, command lines, Linux scripting, SQL scripting (and not just SQL experience)
- Two years experience where scripting is used in either Linux or Unix
- Troubleshooting experience or audio environment support
- Has worked with teams successfully before
- Exp with hardware and software
Here are some typical comments we get from our consultants about Sedaa:
"You're the first company that treats us with due respect to do what we need to do. It’s very unusual.”
“Working at Sedaa feels like being part of a family”