Compensation Analyst _ 9769
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration, finance, human resources, industrial organizational psychology) or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration, finance, human resources, industrial organizational psychology) desired
- 6 years of relevant experience in business administration or data analysis, or combination of advanced degree and experience; must have 2 years compensation or other human resources experience
- Quantitative analysis skills and working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Understanding of compensation discrimination legislation including Equal Pay Act, Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access desired
- Knowledge of SAP desired
- Understanding of compensation implications of the Fair Labor Standards Act desired
- Ability to interpret complex data and draw conclusions
- Vendor management experience desired
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Provide compensation analysis, benchmarking, reporting, and problem solving in support of the company’s corporate compensation programs.
- Participate in compensation surveys, perform survey job matching, and conduct ad-hoc benchmarking and market research as needed.
- Analyze internal and external compensation data.
- Prepare analysis, data modeling, and costing in support of merit increase budget, salary ranges, annual incentive plan, bargaining unit negotiations and General Rate Case (GRC).
- Support administration of the annual pay planning process, including system testing and audit reviews of employee data.
- Create internal process documentation and recommend enhancements to existing process and procedures.
- Participate in the development of company-wide compensation policies and standards.
- Monitor use of job codes and titles and identify and work with managers and hr service center to fix issues identified.
- Performs complicated data analysis, interprets results, and shares findings with department managers.
- Applies advanced knowledge of compensation strategy to solve complex problems and develop original solutions.
- May communicate directly with line management
Location: San Francisco, CA