IT Problem Change Manager
IT Problem Change Manager
The change and problem manager aggressively takes ownership of issues encountered during site incidents. After initial incident resolution the problem manager collects essential information across all technical disciplines, identifies root causes, determines tasks required to prevent recurrence and drives their execution. Throughout the process, the individual will team with all Operations teams as well as groups from the product development organization. In addition, the problem manager may be called upon for any number of additional tasks including resolution of open lower impact problems not resolved within SLA and execution of short duration, critical infrastructure projects.
- Owns the lifecycle of the development, maintenance and organization of the Change and Problem Management process.
- Defines process and workflow utilizing ITIL/ITSM best practices.
- Drive resolution of recurring problems through ticketing system and
- Expedite resolution of urgent issues including creation of action plans, coordination of resources, execution of work, and resolution of additional encountered problems
- Coordinating and facilitating change review meetings.
- Leads the efforts of the Change Advisory Board by defining process and monitoring compliance according to the needs of the business.
- Prepares submitted changes to be reviewed and approved by the CAB.
- Acting as the liaison to Internal Audit, regularly monitor for compliance with Change Management Policies & Procedures and provide staff instruction as required to maintain compliance.
- Drive and track completion of work across multiple functional teams
- Attend daily operations meeting and drive follow-up activities after problem resolution
- Coordinate post-mortem meetings including agenda creation, meeting management and distribution of follow-up activities
- Communicate status to senior management for high visibility problems
- Correlate multiple events and drive higher level issues and process changes across operations teams to eliminate recurring issues
- Evangelize operations processes to other groups and encourage adoption
- BS in a technical field
- Minimum five years in various IT Operations roles including technical design, system administration, project management, process engineering and crisis management
- Superior problem solving skills with an emphasis on resolution of complex technical problems
- Extremely fast learner with demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience working in a matrix management environment and proven ability to operate across functional teams
- Unix system administration knowledge
- Windows system administration knowledge
- Knowledge of relational databases, preferably Oracle
- LAN and WAN network knowledge
- Experience with web development technologies like HTML, XML, XSL, Java